The KEO Approach
Using an evidence-based, multidisciplinary assessment, we focus on:
- Understanding your child’s unique needs – within their family and natural environments such as kindergarten
- Achieving positive outcomes for your child through family-centred interventions that are tailored to your child’s goals
- Empowering and building the capacity of families and other significant people to maximise your child’s opportunity to engage in a range of environments – including home, school, sport and the community
Our experienced therapists provide programs tailored to every situation – following the Key Worker Model.
Key Worker Model
Your family will be allocated a Key Worker from our team of occupational therapists, speech pathologists and physiotherapists. This Key Worker will:
- Be your primary contact (although the whole team will remain involved)
- Report back to the team regularly
- Use a strengths-based, family-centred approach to support you towards achieving your child’s goals and connecting with other services within the community.
This model is built on evidence that families are more comfortable with one therapist to ensure a consistent approach and reduce confusion.
Team consultations and intervention
Depending on your child’s goals and the level of expertise required, your family may also receive support from other professionals in the team (occupational therapists, speech pathologists or physiotherapists).
Your Key Worker will continue to support your family while your child receives specialist intervention.
Areas we can support you with
- Independence with self-care skills (feeding, toileting, dressing)
- Mealtime management
- Feeding and swallowing issues
- Behaviour support
- Motor skills (gross motor and fine motor)
- Play (social play, imaginative, pretend play)
- Sensory processing
- Emotional regulation
- Parent education
- Accessing services in the community
- School transition
- Specialist equipment and home modifications
- Social interactions
“At KEO Care, we deeply appreciate the need to protect the safety of children and young people within our community. We are committed to holding ourselves to account as individuals and an organisation to ensure we do all we can to keep children and young people safe from harm and abuse. At KEO our core values of kindness, connection, striving for excellence and lifelong learning inform our dedication to supporting children and young people so they are best placed to thrive and reach their goals.”
Make a Referral
To see how our team can support your family with Early Childhood Interventions, see our NDIS referral form.NDIS REFERRAL